Saturday 3 August 2013

Book Review: My Soul To Keep by Racel Vincent


  • Title: My Soul To Keep (Soul Screamers #3)
  • Author: Rachel Vincent
  • Page Count & Publisher: 378 | Mira Ink (Harlequin)
  • Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal
  • Format: Paperback
  • Links: Amazon UK | Goodreads
Summary:
Kaylee and Nash discover that Demon's Breath, a highly addictive and dangerous substance is being used by several people at their school. They need to cut off supply, and fast, as it is already having a disastrous effect on the people they know. Kaylee is devastated to learn that someone much closer to her is already addicted.

My Thoughts:
Oh gosh, this one utterly broke my heart. Kaylee has so much to deal with in this and she does it well. There's no immediate forgiveness after such an utter betrayal, she reacts with the shock and horror that I'd expect. She won't allow excuses and needs to work through things herself. She's growing into such an amazing character and I want to see where book 4 goes with this.

So far, this has got to be the best in the series. Well, I'm only 3 into it so far but this one hurt in a way that the others didn't. The writing is phenomenal. Addiction is hidden from friends and people are willing to go to drastic lengths to continue their access to Demon's Breath. That's not to say this is going to beat you about the head with the message "drugs are bad, m'kay". This is more "this is how addiction can screw up more than just one life".

We meet up with Addison again, who is somehow retaining her own sense of self and dignity despite the horrors she's subjected to in the Underworld. We also meet Alec, a human in the Underworld who is clearly going to be playing a large role in the future.

I cannot wait to read the next one, the Soul Screamers is turning out to be one of my favourite series.

My Rating:  photo 1369523037_001_15.png photo 1369523037_001_15.png photo 1369523037_001_15.png photo 1369523037_001_15.png photo 1369523023_001_17.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please let me know what you think of this entry! Questions, comments, suggestions?