Friday 23 August 2013

Book Haul: The Works!

I don't think I can pass any The Works without having a look. It just so happens that the one I visit most often was having their "Summer Reading Sale" (also known as "Christmas stock is coming soon, clear out the warehouse"), so I obviously had to dive in.


I got to expand my Stephen King collection with some hardback editions of his books. Yes, those are all hardbacks for £1 each!!

-The Shining -definitely one of the best of Stephen King's works. I read it a few years back, but I didn't have a physical copy of it.
-Just After Sunset - a collection of short stories.
-Blaze - not one I'd heard of before, apparently it's less of a horror than some of his other stuff.


The Ray Bradbury is a paperback, the other is a ridiculously thick hardback!

-Songs Of The Dying Earth - a science fiction anthology, I am planning on reading the book that inspired this at some point.
-The Illustrated Man - another collection of shorter works! I've only read one Ray Bradbury before and I'm thrilled to be adding to my collection of classic sci-fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please let me know what you think of this entry! Questions, comments, suggestions?